The pandemic has hit the world hard. Marginalized women and their children in our community, who suffered in the past, continue to suffer more during the pandemic due to a decline in donations. WSTEM TO was initially launched to facilitate women in STEM to advance their careers. However, during these tough times, we can’t help but reach out to our members and community to join our donation drive. In the light of International Women’s Day (March 8th), WSTEM TO will be collecting donations for women and their children at Nellie’s Shelter from March 8-26th, 2021.
Following is a list of critical items that Nellie’s has identified for us:
1. New (unused) women’s clothes and shoes (any size, type (formal and casual), and season)
2. New (unused) children’s clothes, shoes, and slippers (any size and season)
3. Baby items (Enfamil formula step 1 (yellow and purple), 2, and 3, unscented baby wipes, Pampers and Huggies size 3, 4, and 5, pull-ups 3T-4T, and bibs)
4. Toiletries (toothbrushes, toothpaste, unscented shampoos and conditioners for all hair types, combs and brushes, feminine hygiene products (pads), etc.)
5. New (unused) make-up and skincare (body lotion, body wash, make-up for all skin tones)
6. Non-perishable food items (canned soup, canned fish, cereal, peanut butter, individually packed snack bars, etc.)
7. Toys, puzzles, and activity books.
8. Gift cards (Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart, Amazon, Tim Hortons, and similar stores)
9. To make a secure online donation, visit here.
We truly appreciate your participation in our drive and value your efforts to come forward during these unprecedented times. We have set up contactless drop-off locations, please get in touch with the following WSTEM TO team members if you like to make an in-kind donation:
1. Toronto- Contact: Sowmya at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Oakville/Mississauga- Contact: Luanys at email@example.com
3. Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge- Contact: Farah at firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations will be accepted until March 26th, 2021.
Looking for ways to help beyond donating? You can help us with picking up donations or setting up a drop-off location. Please contact us for more details.
Thank you again for joining our efforts to support women and their children at Nellie’s Shelter.